Events Manager – National Museum of the Royal Navy, Gosport
Salary: £20,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
The National Museum of the Royal Navy (NMRN) is recruiting for an Events Manager within its Trading Company, to lead their Events Team across two Gosport sites.
Both sites are unique and include a Second World War submarine where guests may be married or dine on-board and an atmospheric 18th century Grand magazine that can seat over 100 guests for dinner.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage an Events Team to deliver high quality private events, as well as initiate and develop revenue generating functions.
We are looking for an Events Manager who can work on their own initiative and inspire their teams with passion and drive, to deliver wonderful experiences to a variety of discerning clients.
• Working in unique heritage environments assisting on all location based events, delivering targeted income.
• To work with the Trading Manager and the Corporate Sales Manager to develop exciting new potential revenue streams.
• To manage the operational team and the coordination of resources to ensure events are adequately staffed.
• Ensure the Trading Company significantly contributes financially, reputationally and in terms of customer satisfaction to the NMRN.
• Be part of a team offering wonderful events in unique venues.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be able to work to tight deadlines and be able to work well within a team with some experience of delivering successful events.
Applicants need to have knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Bryan Davies on 023 9272 7583 or bryan.davies@NMRN.org.uk
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team atHR@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 4pm on Thursday 21st July 2016.
Interviews are likely to be held on Wednesday 3rd August 2016 in Gosport
For all National Museum of the Royal Navy vacancies click here