General Manager – Submarine Museum and Explosion! (Gosport)
Salary: £31,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week - Permanent
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual who is currently employed within a management role to lead and deliver a first class visitor experience at our unique Gosport attractions.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, this exciting role is pivotal in creating the NMRN’s vision to become the world’s most respected Naval Museum, underpinned by a spirit of enterprise and adventure.
• Ensure all visitors are delighted and connect with our compelling stories across the Gosport sites which includes HMS Alliance; WW2 Submarine and Explosion; including the historic powder magazine.
• Support and empower the Duty Management team to deliver our strategic aims (delighting our visitors, thinking commercially and safe environments).
• Key Health and Safety role to ensure teams deliver safe working environments for staff, volunteers and visitors.
• Working with a degree of autonomy to lead a multi-site operation.
• Work closely with General Managers and the Visitor Engagement Manager with the ability to make a real difference to the visitor experience.
• Lead and develop a visitor focused staff and volunteer team.
• Get involved in project work.
• Lead cross-directorate team meetings.
• Applicants must have previous experience of working in a management position due to the size and scope of this role/level of responsibility.
• An ability to prioritise tasks, effectively delegate and communicate (both verbal and written) is essential.
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate a passion for excellent visitor care and an eye on strategy as well as being a team player.
•Applicants must have knowledge of health and safety requirements and a willingness to learn more.
For further details, or an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Louise Swales on 023 9272 8063 ext. 204 orlouise.swales@NMRN.org.uk
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a statement indicating how their knowledge and experience match those specified.
Applications should be forwarded to the HR Team at HR@NMRN.org.uk and are required by 4 pm on 14 June 2016.
The selection process will be held on Tuesday 28 June 2016 in Gosport
For all National Museum of the Royal Navy vacancies click here